Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Magic of the Potato

The Potato has to be my FAVORITE food in the world! And so versatile... I love sticking them in the microwave and eating them for lunch, with lots of butter and cheese. YUM! Then I make potato sushi, by tearing the potato skins in strips, filling them with toppings and rolling them up! Or you can do the healthier baked Potato with Cottage Cheese in it. Another delicious thing to make are French Fries. I made them for dinner last night, which we ate with pork chops. You just take 3-5 potatoes, depending on how big they are, and how many you make, and chop the potato in 4 sections, then cut from there to make them "French-Fry-ey" You set the oven for 425 degrees F, put the fries on a cookie sheet with Tin Foil and Pam (They will stick if you don't pam-ify them!) And cover them with salt, pepper, E.V.O.O. (Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Rachel Ray) and a little Canola Oil. Bake them for 15-20 minutes, depending how soft you want them.
I wonder how many potato dishes there are. Hmmm....
-Baked
-Twice Baked -
-Microwaved (I guess the same as baked, but still kinda different!)
- Au Gratin
-Mashed
-Fries
-Hashbrowns
-Breakfast Potatoes...
-And I can't name any more. :]
But it is a magical vegetable!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment